[hackerspaces] Sister city hackerspaces

Bilal Ghalib bg at bilalghalib.com
Sun Aug 26 20:45:09 CEST 2012

Hello beautiful people!

Do you feel that interhackerspace dialog could be better? Tighter,
more networked? I do too! What if there was a sister hackerspace
exchange. The benefits of such a program would be:
1) People can develop stronger relationships with one other
hackerspace, compared to ALLL THE HACKERSPACES
2) Sister Membership could lead to more hackerspace visitation
3) The difficulties of generalizing and sharing strategy for structure
and process can be eased
4) Hackerspaces are personal spaces, data is great, but we connect in
our spaces better than online. This will help us love one another.
5) Projects can be collaborated on

Here I humbly propose the first sister spaces:
Beiruts hackerspace facilitated by Bassam (cced)
and
Ann Arbor's hackerspace facilitated by Josh Williams (cced)

Discuss!
+BG