[hackerspaces] SpaceAPI Meeting #1: Integrating External APIs

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Wed Aug 22 03:40:05 CEST 2012

Heya everyone,

A few spaces now have begun to notice some limitations with the existing
SpaceAPI implementations and want to expand upon it in a properly planned
fashion and in a way that does not step on the toes of any existing efforts.
As a result, we have scheduled an IRC meeting to help in this planning.

Our primary discussion will revolve around the integration of 'external' APIs
to each SpaceAPI endpoint. For example, we at HeatSync Labs have been working
on making our Open Access Control system web enabled (currently through a
desktop connected to the OAC over serial, but soon with an Ethernet Arduino),
and would like to expose that functionality in a standardised way. We are also
implementing PAMELA, and a few other external service we would like exposed to
the hackerspace world. Pumping Station One has a bunch of APIs as well that
are not currently exposed on SpaceAPI.

If any of this interests you, please stop by! :)

SpaceAPI Discussion Meetup
Topics for Discussion:
* Integration of external API endpoints in to the SpaceAPI definitions
* Integration with Open Access Control
When: Wed Aug 29 18:00 – 20:00 Mountain Time - Arizona
Where: #SpaceAPI on irc.freenode.net

That is, unfortunately, 01:00 UTC, sorry Europeans. :(

--
Ryan Rix
http://rix.si