[hackerspaces] Cleanliness in your Hackerspace? - metalab casestudy

Will Bradley will at heatsynclabs.org
Sat Sep 24 06:43:39 CEST 2011

I've been planning to put little sensors on things, like a flush
sensor on the toilet, IR tripwire on the trashcans, keycard on the
laser cutter, etc.. and every maintenance interval (100 flushes, trash
interrupts IR beam, 10 hours on the laser, etc) have a friendly alarm
say or display what needs to be done (TAKE ME OUT, IT'S YOUR TURN TO
CLEAN ME, REALIGN LASER OPTICS, etc) so that nobody can
psychologically shrug off the maintenance to the next person. Maybe a
slight random factor too so people can't calculate and avoid cleaning.