[hackerspaces] Radical Solution To Save The Ozone Layer

Russ Ryba russryba at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 13:03:52 CEST 2011

On Oct 18, 2011 6:49 AM, "David Venancio" <metabaron at massmulti.org> wrote:

> Hi. I'm David from south of france.
>
> While reading the Tesla's patents >
http://david.venancio.free.fr/tx/tesla_brevets.pdf (given yesterday by
Duarte, a friend of mine).
> I'v found on page 272 of this doc : "Aparatus for producing Ozone".
>
> According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozone_layer , Ozone is a simple molecule we can
produce with electric arcs and dioxygene (O2).

> My proposal is to build a stratospheric baloon equiped with Solar Panels
and the a quite huge Ozone Producer (electric arcs produced by Coupled
inductors + Capacitors based on Nikola Tesla's invention). Eventually
several baloons.

> I KNOW this may sound crazy, mad, stupid or whatever BUT will we stay like
this watching the ice melt down ?

Ballast > http://david.venancio.free.fr/tx/cheap_electric_arcs.JPG and
http://david.venancio.free.fr/tx/small_arc.JPG
> This is just a test for another idea I have but someone told me at the
Tetalab -where I'm new- that electric arcs produced Ozone. I though it must
be insignificant at that size of electric arc. Sure it is.

> So for this project, we should use several of this Ozone Producers and
they would be quite HUGE.

> Questions I have are :
> 1/ how to finance such a project?
> 2/ exact system to use to produce ozone?
> 3/ size of the ozone producers?
> 4/ size of the baloons depending on the wheight of the aparatus....?
>
> Please add your ideas to this so WE DO SOMETHING CONCRETE TO REBUILD THE
OZONE LAYER.
> Pros and Cons, other solutions for producing O3... WHATEVER !

Is there enough O2 at the altitude to produce ozone?

I read it's produced by ultraviolet light. Maybe a bright light uses less
power than an electrical arc?

http://www.epa.gov/ozone/science/makemore.html

Suggests not enough power available, certainly not floating kind.