[hackerspaces] Radical Solution To Save The Ozone Layer

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Tue Oct 18 13:02:01 CEST 2011

  Hi!

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:49:32PM +0200, David Venancio wrote:
> My proposal is to build a stratospheric baloon equiped with Solar Panels and the a quite huge Ozone Producer (electric arcs produced by Coupled inductors + Capacitors based on Nikola Tesla's invention). Eventually several baloons.
>
> I KNOW this may sound crazy, mad, stupid or whatever BUT will we stay like this watching the ice melt down ?

  When I imagine this in action, I gotta say it would look madly cool.
:-)

  However, if you want to convince people to get seriously interested,
I think you should present at least rough back-of-the-envelope
calculations and few crucial numbers:

  * How much ozone is being depleted, i.e. what exactly are we trying to
    combat.

  * How much ozone would you be able to generate with a single
    reasonably-sized and reasonably-priced device given current solar
    panel and battery technology.

--
				Petr "Pasky" Baudis
We live on an island surrounded by a sea of ignorance. As our island