[hackerspaces] Acquiring Insurance

Will Bradley will at heatsynclabs.org
Thu Oct 13 07:18:25 CEST 2011

They definitely google you. One company freaked out because we had a
photo of a BBQ grill made out of the front of a car on our main page
and they assumed we were blowing up cars.

Just try to have a conversation with them, in person, dress nicely to
counter the stereotypes and let them know you're the "good hackers"
i.e. the ones who research and protect instead of break and steal. If
you limit your insurance coverage to medical and property liability in
the space they shouldn't have any reason to deny you based on their
perception of hacking.