[hackerspaces] Career Networking

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Fri Oct 7 21:06:24 CEST 2011

I take this opportunity to ask a serious question

On 10/07/2011 02:43 PM, metabaron at massmulti.org wrote:
> @David : working around open-source, from home, I can say it's hard to make
> a salary every month as freelance. so making part of a real organisation
> (not franc-maçon like hopefully) with a real status and real employes makes
> sense to stabilize revenues... like a distributed open-organisation, which
> would have bounties on tasks it needs and workers around the world (?)

Is there a way for people from different countries to work together in a
small structure ? I was surprised and shocked to see that it seems abnormal
to want to associate with a competent person in another country when you
are not a big company. The only solution seems to be each other freelance
and exchange bills.

If anyone has an idea about how to improve this situation, I would be very
interested. Someone mentioned to me the Vermont virtual company status but
I couldn't understand if a non-US citizen could legally create one.

When confronted with this problem I understood better the mindset behind
the creation of bitcoins.

I have been pondering about the possibilities for freelancers to form
temporary companies to complete projects and share revenues. I see how to
do that within the French legal system but that is not satisfying to be
restricted to one nationality.

When will legal hackers create an abstraction layer for all of us, users of
incompatible system, to be able to create structures together ? I have a
bunch of crazy ideas but I would like to know if some people have found
working solution for this kind of problem. And if you find a solution that
would allow a French and a Japanese freelance to work together, that would
be awesome.

Yves