[hackerspaces] Career Networking

metabaron at massmulti.org metabaron at massmulti.org
Fri Oct 7 14:43:36 CEST 2011

@Yves: XD
@David : working around open-source, from home, I can say it's hard to
make a salary every month as freelance. so making part of a real
organisation (not franc-maçon like hopefully) with a real status and
real employes makes sense to stabilize revenues... like a distributed
open-organisation, which would have bounties on tasks it needs and
workers around the world (?) but that's not exactly your question,
that's quite like drupal business-model or lots of other projects >
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_business and
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_source_bounty

btw there's thousands of ways to find a job for a hacker it's normally
quite easy and most already have. Otherwise the projects like milky-mist
or reprap can be a source of money for people wanting to sell hardware
and knowing how to build them is quite powerfull in fact... could a
small association build and sell RepRaps having employees? Sure 100% !

my 2 roubles.
--David Venancio