[hackerspaces] Out with the "hackers"... In with the, "makers" and the "fixers"

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Wed Nov 30 02:31:21 CET 2011

I work for a .gov that does open source dev.  TOR was originally a US Navy
funded project.  OpenBSD was at one point almost sorta maybe DARPA funded.

There is a long history of military in Open Source.  In fact what we know
today to be POSIX is really just the natural evolution of DOD standards on
Berkeley BSD.

Go figure.

-Matt