[hackerspaces] Out with the "hackers"... In with the "makers" and the "fixers"

Frantisek Apfelbeck algoldor at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 12:07:14 CET 2011

I find your response a bit offending and quite out of place, especially after living in Central America and Mexico + being in touch a lot with South America. So Pasky's questions who you mean is absolutely correct. If you mean United States Citizens and you talk on international forum of "very open people" you should use another term than Americans, clarifying that you do talk just and only about US movement or you do, depends what you mean. It is actually quite annoying for people from Central and South America when they have to deal with people from US who are just one of the many nations of Americas, however nearly completely ignorant of that fact in majority. Thanks to the fact that I lived in San Francisco and California I do realize that many thinks in US and many people there are great but sometimes they are as former super power bit ignorant of others (like British, French etc.).

So in conclusion, your terminology is correct just for US culture and should not make it to the international forum because it is inaccurate and offending. Clear?

Sincerely,

Frantisek