[hackerspaces] RANT!: SO VERY frustrated with lack of local activity :( Warning: some negative energy present - sorry

charlie x charlie at finitemonkeys.com
Sat Nov 26 00:20:48 CET 2011

tough to say, wrong group of people, bad economy, lack of direction.  usually what happens is a few people end up being the catalyst,. it ebbs and flows. all I can say is make cool stuff, make it accessible to others and keep going, it is definitely hard to keep a positive attitude about it when others don’t put in the same, but then mentally you have to switch from the whole giving to get, vs the I’m doing this thing,  if you want to do it as well, cool, or an offshoot. hopefully you get enough momentum going that the inevitable leave/join of key members doesn’t affect the overall flow.

confidence is also a key element.