[hackerspaces] Places for hackers to stay in Hong Kong in April?

miloh froggytoad at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 20:11:00 CET 2011

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Mitch Altman <maltman23 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>  I'm organizing my second hacker trip to China.  It will be from 4-April
> through 24-April, ending up at the first China Maker Faire (which will be
> called China Maker Carnival), in Beijing.
>
> We'll visit hackerspaces in Hong Kong, Shen Zhen, Shanghai, and Beijing.
> And we'll visit Seeed Studio (and their manufacturing) and the electronics
> mall in Shen Zhen; the electronics mall and my manufacturer in Shanghai.
> And local geeks will show us around wherever we go.
>
> Here's more info on the trip:
> https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/NoisebridgeChinaTrip2
> There's still some openings, if anyone is interested.  You can add you
> name to the list if you are interested (it's a wiki page).  The first 8
> people (including me) who get their plane tickets are in!
>
> Our first stop will be Hong Kong.  Hong Kong is a wonderful city!  It's
> also expensive (unlike the rest of China).  I'd like to stay there 3
> nights, or 4 if we can find a place that is affordable.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to stay while in Hong Kong?

Just got a first response about places to stay in HK

she wrote:
"In terms of places to crash in HK...I suggest hotels in Mongkok, Tsim Sha
Tsui area. A tiny little room goes for USD25 a night. Probably the best
deal in town."

Hope that helps,

-rma