[hackerspaces] Webcam setups, for security and community?

Eric Stein toba at des.truct.org
Sun Nov 20 02:15:58 CET 2011

I did a presentation awhile ago at chipy.org about the webcam busyness
analysis software I have been working on at Pumping Station: One.  It
allows the busyness information to be extracted from motion-jpeg streams
(either direct from cams or from zoneminder, if the cameras are USB and
you run zoneminder) in nice ways such as historical data with a web api,
and an IRC bot.

There is a video of the presentation and some further links (to the
github and the installation) on my blog here:

http://cons.truct.org/archives/lidless-chipy.html

Eric