[hackerspaces] Webcam setups, for security and community?

Arclight arclight at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 17:52:22 CET 2011

So we have been using a system one of our members wrote for about a
year. It's a server back-end that manages the files uploaded by
Linksys and other FTP-enabled webcams. It sorts the incoming files,
and then assembles them into a flash movie with sliders and time
markers.

Check out:
http://observer3.com/observer3_20111107.tar.gz
http://observer3.com/observer3_ftpd_20111107.tar.gz

You can see a demo here:

http://www.observer3.com

He's recently open-sourced it as a public domain work, and does not
intend to maintain it any more. Anyone interested in working on
improvements/integration with security and access systems?

Arclight
23b Shop