[hackerspaces] NASA Summer of Innovation MiniGrants and Educational Resources

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Wed May 25 19:04:16 CEST 2011

Serendipitously to our education curriculum discussion, I received info on NASA's Summer of Innovation mini-grant program yesterday (http://soi.spacegrant.org/about).  The program offers $2000-2,500 support for programs aimed at grades 4-9 related to NASA work.  applications are due by June 17th.

Digging a bit into the site I found this page of Educational Resources ...

http://www.nasa.gov/offices/education/programs/national/summer/education_resources/index.html

It looks like some of these might be useful for teaching some concepts using projects (like building a solar oven)

Jerry Isdale
http://MauiMakers.com