[hackerspaces] Discuss Digest, Vol 33, Issue 47

Jerry Isdale isdale at gmail.com
Tue May 24 21:25:23 CEST 2011

Cool ideas. I had forgotten about lindsay books. Great resource.
Anyone start a wiki page on Hackerspace.org yet? I'm in yosemite or is do it
myself..

BTW schoolfactory.org is a loose collection of hackerspaces that is working
on sharing knowledge and helping people start spaces.  They hosted a day2
panel talk at makerfaire.

Aloha
Jerry Isdale

On May 24, 2011 12:03 PM, "john arclight" <arclight at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think this is a great idea. There is a print publisher that already does
this:

> http://www.lindsaybks.com/
>
> We use their "How to Run a Lathe" (HTRAL for short) to teach people
> machining at our shop.
>
> Arclight
> 23b Shop
>

> On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Al Jigen Billings
> <albill at openbuddha.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Long time reader, first time poster. (I get digests here mostly.)
>>
>> We've been working at DIY Book Scanners that non-destructively scan books
at Ace Monster Toys in Oakland.

>> Looking at the below comments on old textbooks, I wonder if it would make
sense for a bunch of hackerspaces to get out of print manuals and technical
books and do a concerted effort to scan them in, at least into image-based
PDFs. This could act as a resource for beginning to put together
curriculums.