[hackerspaces] CC-licensed Maker Pedagogy (Lesson Plans, etc)?

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:51:20 CEST 2011

> I think hackerspaces fill a very real growing void in education in the
> United States.  There is a seriously increasing lack of emphasis on kinetic
> learning.

<rant>
I read that a:
"Our business-centric government is gutting education to allow more
taxbreaks for the wealthy. That has caused education to become an
externality to them,  an externality now WE are picking up the tab
on."

If you care about education, yes, work on it directly yourself. But
also burn an hour to call all of your representatives, and tell them
you are concerned. Things like 'Intro Python' need to be part of our
standard education system. Instead they are outsourced to the whim a
bunch of hobbiests educating in their free-time like you and me.
 </rant>

Angry-at-our-failing-education-system on,
- Far McKon