[hackerspaces] Thinkgeek wants to get rid of some junk?

Tim Slagle slagle at slagle.org
Mon May 23 19:15:53 CEST 2011

HacDC got a box from ThinkGeek a couple weeks ago.  I signed up with
my own UPS shipping account as soon as I heard about it (on this list
I think).  We got a 4x4x4 LED cube, a bunch of electronic shirts, a
Stylophone, and other goodies.  They said they had 2000 applicants so
it was not likely that we'd get another box.

I'm still trying to decide what to do with it all.  Although borked,
the stuff was mostly like-new in original packages so it seemed like
it would make good contest prizes or fundraising give-aways.  The
sound-effect shirts have an SD-card MP3 player that could be useful
for projects, and the LED cube is just cool :-)
--Tim