[hackerspaces] "Inductance" - real or fake?

dosman dosman at packetsniffers.org
Mon May 23 18:54:34 CEST 2011

Saw this amazing video on a blog and am as intrigued by this as
annoyed by the lack of details I've been able to find so far. I'm
posting this here because it looks like a hackerspace built this
project.

Inductance:
http://physaliastudio.com/f5-2011.html
http://f5fest.com/2011/

Physalia claims to do 3D animation but also appears to do physical
hacks too, so I'm 50/50 as to whether this is a real device. It looks
like they are varying the (weak) field of the electromagnet in the
ball along with the the field in the ceiling coil. I'm not yet
convinced this is possible.

Thoughts?

-dosman