[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces panel at Dragoncon 2012 (Sept 2-5th, 2011 in Atlanta)

Buddy Smith buddy.smith at ieee.org
Sun May 22 19:53:46 CEST 2011

Hi everyone,

Is there any interest in a hackerspaces panel at Dragoncon this year?

I am working on putting one together, but I would need a few
people/spaces willing to talk in order to make it interesting.

If you're planning to be there and would like to participate in or
observe a hackerspaces panel, please get in touch with me.

For those of you that don't know, dragoncon (dragoncon.org) is a very
large sci fi, comics, and pop culture convention every Labor Day
weekend in Atlanta, Ga, Usa. Attendance tops 50k+ people over the
weekend, and takes up 5 or 6 hotels in downtown Atlanta.

Last year we did a panel on 3D printing and intellectual property,
which was well attended.

Please let me know if you'd like to participate. I'm involved in
Freeside, and anyone in Atlanta for Dragoncon that would like to check
out Freeside should get in touch with me.

ttyl,

--buddy