[hackerspaces] Collaboration Software

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Mon Jun 20 15:10:56 CEST 2011

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 1:24 AM, Rhys Rhaven <rhys at rhavenindustrys.com> wrote:
> I'm thinking of replacing replacing the mailing lists with forums that
> have mailing list capability, and just spend time on integrating them
> all. I was curious if anyone here not only has a "different" way to do
> this, but clear better one that I'm not seeing?

At ArchReactor we are currently using FUDForum and mailman.  it works,
but if you browse our public forums you can see the major draw back
pretty clearly.

One of our members is working on a more integrated solution based on
Drupal.  He has the forum and outgoing email parts working, with an
eye towards adding reply and create thread by email.  Given FUD's
mailing list import script as an example, i don't think it will be too
hard to make it work, as well as improve on FUD's thread detection and
quote handling.  I expect attachments will still be an interesting
challenge.

I'm sure he'd appreciate some help in making it all integrate, if
Drupal is a direction you like to go I'll direct him to you.