[hackerspaces] Open letter to Anonymous (please distribute)

Yves Quemener quemener.yves at free.fr
Sun Jun 5 15:36:14 CEST 2011

When talking about people who do nothing concrete I was not talking about
you Jaromil, but about the kind of people you have probably met, who have
grand ideas about revolutions, about what should be done, about how society
should be, but do nothing to bring it except talk about it, preferably
while smoking pot and drinking beers. I have met my share and understand
why many people here would prefer to avoid any subject where they could
jump in and call everyone idiots because we disagree with Ayn Rand.

Understand that many people come here to take a break from politics. Yes,
like a lot of activities, hackerspaces have a political existence and
significance, but sometime, tech guys just want to have a place where they
can meet, leaving the political noise outside, and just wonder if they can
fit a CNC logic on 32K of RAM or if they can build a high quality radio-ham
antenna from kitchen appliance.

I really miss a place to discuss political issues with tech-minded persons
but I surely do not wish to pollute this ML with this kind of subject.