[hackerspaces] Open letter to Anonymous (please distribute)

Matt Joyce matt at nycresistor.com
Sun Jun 5 00:09:20 CEST 2011

Dear crazy person,

   Asking the internet at large or in this case a stand alone complex to
adhere to your own personal form of morality is both ineffectual in method
and ill conceived in purpose.  Fuck your desire for a better name for
hackers.  People are what they are and we should all just learn to accept
that.  Hackers are people.  Just like people they can be as horrible as the
smell that emanates from bad chinese food and as wonderful as two girls at
the same time.   Suggesting that people should try to artificially promote a
false outward view is to promote deception.  And deception is the road to
ruin.  I personally abhor your request and will today go out and do
something horrible to someone in the name of hackers everywhere just to
stand upon my point with full and honest conviction.

   Hackers are all we can be.  Don't expect more.  Don't expect less.  And
don't expect us.

Additionally,

  Your mom.

Love and Peace,