[hackerspaces] snack habbits

Georges Kesseler georgeskesseler at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 10 23:58:59 CEST 2011

Hi

Being in a village suburb of town, there are not a massive amount of
take outs around and some deliveries don't reach outside town. Still we
have a good supply from local restaurants. Also fast food is often seen
in the space.
As healthy food like fruit perished faster than it could be eaten, in
came the cookies and candy bars.
This has been a huge success. About 10 different sorts are presented in
a drawer. We plan to store them in a fridge (the wine cellar kind) if
someone would donate it to us :-)
https://www.hackerspace.lu/wiki/Hardware_Wish-List
We had first a small fridge for drinks and food, which then became a big
fridge with a freezer and now it's 2 fridges. One big one for drinks and
the other one for food and frozen stuff.
Latest addition was ice cream. This was even a bigger success than the
initial candy bars. If you want to earn money: ice cream! And Mate of
course.
The whole system resides on a self operated cashier, and for
convenience, a chalk board where you mark how much you consume.
The fridge can also be used by members via stickers to paste on the
items they store inside https://www.hackerspace.lu/wiki/Fridge

Georges
http://syn2cat.lu/