[hackerspaces] Google calendar FLOSS alternatives ?

Matt brimstone at the.narro.ws
Thu Jan 20 00:30:35 CET 2011

On 01/19/2011 05:25 AM, k. wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-01-19 at 12:09 +0100, Guyzmo wrote:
>>     Because we're self-managed, from our hosting to the  space  we  use,
>> we'd like to have all our systems out of  the  'cloud',  and  thus,  not
>> relying on applications ran by google.
>
> but calendarserver.org is a powerful calendaring solution, on my todo is
> to see if that is LDAP capable, so users can have personal calendards as
> well. problem so far is a beautified web represantation of certain
> calendars, like public events and upcoming meetings and such.

At Makers Local 256, we have an OSS Zimbra install. This provides an
OpenLDAP server for wiki and blog authentication as well as a few
custom CakePHP apps. We're not quite using it for email yet, but
when we do, all of the calendar stuff will work correctly. Also,
we've got a perl script that scrapes our wiki pages and builds an
ICS file based on some cleverly formatted lines.

#matt