[hackerspaces] A New Hacker Has Joined Your Party!

Chris Hardee shazzner at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 20:53:32 CET 2011

Slow going, but now that traditional news outlets are picking up on
hackerspaces it's easier to explain. I've also been working on my elevator
pitch for a while to explain what we do. Once we're a non-profit, it should
be easier to show were legit.

Also I use "Makerspace" until I slip up, just so I don't have to explain our
reclamation of the word "hacker".

I think we should create a page on the hackerspaces wiki about community
outreach and our community mission.