[hackerspaces] Speaking of shwag exchange...

Petr Baudis pasky at ucw.cz
Fri Feb 11 14:17:20 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 01:39:27PM +0100, Koen Martens wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 01:21:53PM +0100, astera wrote:
> > > Coincidentally, I am currently setting up a hackerspace shirts webshop.
> >
> > Something like this? ;)
> > http://hackerspaces.spreadshirt.net/
>
> Well, not really actually :)
>
> The idea is to be much more flexible. Most hackerspaces probably source their
> shirts locally. I know we do, because we're on very good terms with a tshirt
> printer shop who make really high-quality shirts that will survive a lifetime
> of machine washing. Not like the el-cheapo mass shirt producers.
>
> Anyway, the point is, such a hackerspace could have their own shirts, to give
> away to their members, but in addition sell them on the webshop. Either by
> handling shipping themselves or let that be handled by the webshop or even let
> the webshop produce the shirts (which is more like spreadshirt indeed).
>
> Also, the webshop will have surplus shirts from events, such as HAR2009 :)

  That sounds pretty cool! In brmlab, we have a large stock of t-shirts
now and I think we would be happy to sell some over the net (most likely
handling the shipping ourselves at first since that really is the most
flexible, and if demand would be large, letting the webshop do it).

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis