[hackerspaces] Speaking of shwag exchange...

Koen Martens gmc at sonologic.nl
Fri Feb 11 13:39:27 CET 2011

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 01:21:53PM +0100, astera wrote:
> > Coincidentally, I am currently setting up a hackerspace shirts webshop.
>
> Something like this? ;)
> http://hackerspaces.spreadshirt.net/

Well, not really actually :)

The idea is to be much more flexible. Most hackerspaces probably source their
shirts locally. I know we do, because we're on very good terms with a tshirt
printer shop who make really high-quality shirts that will survive a lifetime
of machine washing. Not like the el-cheapo mass shirt producers.

Anyway, the point is, such a hackerspace could have their own shirts, to give
away to their members, but in addition sell them on the webshop. Either by
handling shipping themselves or let that be handled by the webshop or even let
the webshop produce the shirts (which is more like spreadshirt indeed).

Also, the webshop will have surplus shirts from events, such as HAR2009 :)

Gr,

Koen