[hackerspaces] Start a Kickstarter for Your Laser Cutter Today

David Powell davepow16 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 22:54:39 CET 2011

They want project ideas and good gifts. Harford Hackerspace was pre-approved
for a laser cutter kickstarter a while back. We have been putting a lot of
thought into it. We want a laser but we also know the community wants
something in return. So we have come up with several project ideas that
would benefit the community long after we get our laser cutter. We are now
working on generating a quality video. There are a ton of kickstarter
projects that have failed to meet their goal because the person put together
a poor presentation.

My advise to Sector67 is to submit a different project idea that requires a
laser cutter to produce and include the price of the laser cutter into your
funding goal. Make the plans for the project OpenSource and perhaps offer
one of whatever it is you make as a gift to the contributors.