[hackerspaces] Start a Kickstarter for Your Laser Cutter Today

Adina Bogert-O'Brien adina at thinkhaus.org
Tue Feb 8 20:03:04 CET 2011

We (think|haus) went the cheap chinese route as well. The main problem we
ran into was that the original control board and software sucked. Really
sucked. Fortunately, some of our members have the skills to modify it:
http://www.thinkhaus.org/2010/06/24/howto-turn-a-cheap-chinese-laser-engraver-into-a-pretty-good-laser-cutter-2/
<http://www.thinkhaus.org/2010/06/24/howto-turn-a-cheap-chinese-laser-engraver-into-a-pretty-good-laser-cutter-2/>We
ended up with a pretty decent 40W CO2 laser for a little over $1000 CAD in
initial purchase costs + parts.

-Adina