[hackerspaces] Instructable: Super easy PCB production with vinyl masks

Mars itcamefrommars at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 01:06:13 CET 2011

The polish remover I use always says acetone in it.
If u peel off by hand- there's adhesive residue sometimes not to mention it takes for ever.

It's insanely easy to do the removal that way and u can reuse it over and over.

If u made 100 boards this way- there's no work at all really.  I have made so many boards this way and nothing compares to the ease and quality - as far as DiY methods go.

Oh and ya- I'm using ferric chloride... And brand of polish remover doesnt matter if it has acetone in it.  I've done this for many many years.

As far as toxic footprint - it's FeCl and polish remover.
Only thing im adding is the polish remover- and it csn be reused ... Even for fingernail polish removing.

I do have another method that is similar style bit uses no chemical or liquid at all in the "etching" part.
I'm hoping to put that together soon.

This first one was mostly getting into the Swing writing instructions.  I've written college lab manuals- but it's different than this format.

Thanks for the comments!

Sent from my iPhone