[hackerspaces] Vote on creating a separate political discussion list

Jarkko Moilanen Jarkko.Moilanen at uta.fi
Tue Dec 6 22:59:51 CET 2011

Quoting Yves Quemener <quemener.yves at free.fr>:

>> On 12/6/11 1:02 PM, Jarkko Moilanen wrote:
>>> If that is the case, then I must be on the wrong list :) I can't code
>>> minesweeper nor have I helped directly in any project. Instead I have
>>> started one lively hackerspace and other minor tasks.
>
> I'm a founding member of two. So what ? If I did not make contributions
> to any project, I would still feel like a fraud.

Funny, I don't feel like a fraud. That is your perception and does not
mean that anyone else should be or feel the same. Who are you to say
who is 'techie enough' to post here on this list?

> Someone with goodwill but no technical skills rarely add insightful
> content to a technical conversation. They are however capable of

Technical skills != coding minesweeper.

my 2 cents
/Jarkko

> bringing interesting point in a purely political discussion, hence the
> rational for splitting the list.
>
> Iv

  Jarkko Moilanen (+358 45 8877 150)
  M.Soc.Sc. (Political Science)
  PhD Student, Information studies, University of Tampere
  Blog: http://blog.ossoil.com/