[hackerspaces] Materials [Re: Hackerspace Passports]

Mel mel at hackersouverts.fr
Sat Aug 20 12:03:36 CEST 2011

2011/8/19 Stewart Dickson <MathArt at emsh.calarts.edu>

> **
>
> A Hackerspace door key RFID would be one cool application.
> Others?
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Stewart,   "Hack-On, Hack-Off, The Hacker"

We've talked about that while bouncing ideas at the LOOP recently (they had
their RFID lock setup recently there), but there is a major issue at least
with French passports, which might pop up with passports from other
countries as well : everytime you swipe your passport over an RFID reader (I
did that with a Touchatag Reader), a different (apparently random) string
comes up. If the string changes at random everytime, it might be difficult
to assign one string to one person to say the least :p

T.

--
Hackers Ouverts - Hackerspace nomade en Île de France
http://www.hackersouverts.fr/