[hackerspaces] A simple CRM for hackerspaces

David Raison david at hackerspace.lu
Mon Aug 8 17:39:07 CEST 2011

----- "Andrew LeCody" <andrewlecody at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the Dallas Makerspace website I have tied all of our applications
> to LDAP, which allows us to have a single login across all services.
> However, this was not as easy as it sounds, there are a lot of
> applications that do not play nicely (or at all) with LDAP.

We did the same over here in Luxembourg. Wordpress, Mediawiki, Sugar, .htaccess, WiFi access through Radius, our own CRM (named "MeMaTool" and to be published soonish I guess) and everything that I forgot are tied to LDAP.
BTW, thanks for the Seltzer demo login, that will certainly be inspiring to our MeMaTool hackers.

> We plan on including RFID data with our LDAP entries so that we can
> use LDAP to control access to the space.

We're not friends with RFID but have equally tied our space access control solution (OpenDuino [0]) to our LDAP server.

[0] http://www.hackerspace.lu/wiki/OpenDuino

--
David Raison
http://david.raison.lu