[hackerspaces] Hackerspace Passports

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:07:37 CEST 2011

Each page of the Hackerspace Passport can accommodate 4 stamps of 41mm x 47mm, or 1 stamp up to 89mm x 118mm.
 From: grayje at uw.edu
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 18:04:14 -0700
To: discuss at lists.hackerspaces.org
Subject: Re: [hackerspaces] Hackerspace Passports

What are we talking, about 4cm x 4cm for the stamps? Larger?

If anyone needs a stamp made up quick, I've used rubberstamps.net a few times in the past. They use a 1000 DPI laser engraver. Small shop, great service, fast turnaround, lots of options.

Also, QR codes don't work well. The problem is the ink - voids and inconsistencies when you stamp will usually confound the computer vision. So if you want a URL, use text.

James Gray