[hackerspaces] Essen is almost there

Ron Bean makerspace at rbean.users.panix.com
Fri Apr 29 13:55:11 CEST 2011

Kai Blöcker <apoc at chaoflux.de> writes:

>But with the number of members we have right now, we still couldn't make
>ends meet, as a lot of them are students who don't have a big budget to
>spend. So if any of you had ideas where to get additional funding, that
>would be great.

My suggestion would be to find some members who aren't students :-).

No one particular method worked for us. We put up some posters at hobby
shops and surplus stores, handed out business cards at events (eg,
barcamp), put ads on Craigslist.

We even entered the Powerwheels racing series before we had a space!
http://www.powerracingseries.org/