[hackerspaces] National Fab Lab Network Act of 2010 (111-HR6003)

Kive kive at kive.me
Fri Sep 24 04:36:52 CEST 2010

That was exactly my read, along with the implication that it'd likely be
US-only. Likewise, fairly limited focus (fab), and the little bit about
'coordinating' irks me somehow, especially with this simply being a
government charter of a non-profit.

It's also referred to energy and commerce -- no clue what the chances of a
fluff bill even making it through there is.

I wonder if we can reach out to the author/sponsor and see if there's any
further information on the intentions/reasoning for this coming about in the
first place? I'm not necessarily knocking the publicity and legitimizing
factors, but while we've all read the bill, I haven't heard anyone chime in
with any of the context.

-kive