[hackerspaces] National Fab Lab Network Act of 2010 (111-HR6003)

Matthew Forr matthew.forr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 00:33:11 CEST 2010

So I think this is a really interesting bill which I totally support but the
skeptic in me wonders why gov funds are needed. Like if people want to do
it, they should do it. If they need to raise funds I think that can be done
(Techshop right?) but if it needs gov subsides then perhaps there really
isn't a (sustainable) market for what we do.

Anyhow, if our stimulus dollars are going to pay for a lasercutter and CNC
machine at the Node I'm not going to stop anyone but again I wonder to what
effect the gov can understand that various fablab/techshop/hackerspaces etc
needs and then meet them.

-Matthew