[hackerspaces] National Fab Lab Network Act of 2010 (111-HR6003)

Bryan Bishop kanzure at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 22:13:35 CEST 2010

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Jesse Krembs <jfk at 893studio.com> wrote:

> I 've spent some time in the MIT fablab and difference between them and a
> hackerspace is pretty small. Both Neil and Amy Sun are easy to talk to and
> easy to find.

Amy is definitely easy to talk with, yeah. I just mean, in principle,
fablabs seem to be more about setting up the standard fablab model, with the
specific inventory listed on the fablab site, bought from suppliers. This is
perfectly fine; and to some extent they have outgrown the original academic
mandate, so maybe it's time to update the vision :-) perhaps more along the
lines of the hackerspace vision. Also I am probably talking out of my ass.

> If you'd like to know more a quick email to Neil might do the trick.

Neil never replies to my emails. How do I fix this?

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
1 512 203 0507