[hackerspaces] RE : Re: An interesting point of view : "On Feminism and Microcontrollers"

Chris Weiss cweiss at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 22:19:01 CEST 2010

> Le 2 oct. 2010, 12:27 PM, "Yves Quemener" <quemener.yves at free.fr> a écrit :
>
> rest. Now, the people who come in and say "you should attract more girls by
> doing sewing", are the people who are trying to bring in some old
> stereotypes in places that lack them. I don't know, am I the only one

I get what you are saying.  The biggest sewer in our group is male
(makes some rather awesome costumes too), and his sewing hasn't
attracted any females at all that I am aware of.

anyone that says "attract [demographic] by doing [project]" doens't
know how to do community building at all.  it doens't work.