[hackerspaces] Cleaning up the wiki "list of hackerspaces"

Nate Bezanson myself at telcodata.us
Fri Nov 26 16:33:18 CET 2010

> On 11/26/10 9:48 AM, John Duksta wrote:
>> If someone could remove DC401, that would be good. While we are an
>> active Defcon group, we don't have our own space. We wanted to set one
>> up, but given that we have AS220 labs and The Brain Tank in town, we
>> don't need another physical hackerspace.
>
> Nevermind. I edited our entry.
>
> It might be a good idea to have a status of 'virtual' for groups like
> this.
>
> -j

Seems to me, that this would broaden the field to any bunch of hackish
friends. Every defcon group, every 2600 meeting, etc. While these things
are important, I don't think they're hackerspaces nor should they be
listed with same.

As for dealing with the length of the list, what about splitting it up by
continent? While the big map is interesting, I'm fairly sure that Asian
hackers don't want to scroll through a list of North American spaces and
vice-versa, and this would leave room for nascent spaces on the main list,
which seems important.

-Nate-