[hackerspaces] Student hackers in a university environment

Far McKon farmckon at gmail.com
Fri May 28 16:19:24 CEST 2010

Hey folks,
I'm putting together a talk about student hackers in a college
environment.  A large part of this is an argument for giving students
more freedom on the network, making a space/setting/environment where
they can hack around *without* making a pain for the rest of the IT
infrastructure. So I'm looking to find good background on successful
student - IT Department collaborations.  IE Student Interns, Penn
tests by students, etc. Even students working the help desk and IT
building are a bit of interest. Cases of 'I found bug X and uni. IT
hired me' or 'We had a nice sysdmin that let us play on the network'
are also of interest.

If you want to share, I'm all ears. I'd love to hear about it (off
list) so I can make sure I'm getting solid evidence to back my ideas.

thanks in advance, and hack on,
- Far McKon

http://www.Hive76.org  "Making things awesome,  making awesome things!"
http://www.FarMcKon.net "Creatively Maladjusted"