[hackerspaces] Fwd: [austin-hacker-space] Speaking at Defcon

Matthew McCabe matt at mrmccabe.com
Sun May 9 23:28:21 CEST 2010

Lol, sounds as good as any other suggestion I have heard ;)

Thinking about it for a bit, here is my goal for Defcon: Have some
kind of forum for people to learn more about hackerspaces, discuss
some of the current issues/problems, new projects, etc.  Also, give
n00bs a chance to learn more about hackerspaces and how to start them.

Perhaps a talk isn't the right way to do this?  Maybe have a more
informal meet-up or room for this?  I know that one year some
hackerspace peps setup a room at Defcon...though I am not sure how
that went.

My concern is that I have not heard of anything hackerspace related
going down at Defcon.  Seriously folks, this is cool shit, lets get
the word out to some new recruits!

-Matt