[hackerspaces] barcelona subdomain and list (?)

Sylva1n sylv41n at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 19:54:27 CET 2010

Hi all

For now, hackerspaces.eu and www.hackerspaces.eu redirect to
hackerspaces.org (like hackerspaces.net) but if anyone has a project
of portal that makes sense (ie. not just a duplication and/or a
localization of what hs.org provide now) I will gladly lend the domain
name.
And if some kind of formal European federation of HS is created (not
sure if that's a good idea though, might create more problems than it
solve) I'll transfer ownership.

For now, local redirections (barcelona.hs.eu, tampera.hs.eu,
paris.hs.eu ...) seems like a good start.

On Wed, Mar 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Hellekin O. Wolf <hellekin at cepheide.org> wrote:
> I'm glad that Donald and Sylva1n chimed in.
>
> Sylva1n, would it be a plan to use hackerspaces.eu as a portal for
> european hackerspaces? The idea would be to provide localized access
> for people who don't speak English. Most hackerspaces will have their
> own wiki or whatever for that, but if you can at least provide CNAMEs
> to hackerspaces who ask, that would be fantastic.
>
> I'm unsure about how to integrate multiple domains to avoid
> duplication of contents or purpose, but that sort of things can be
> discussed. The aim being that we improve and not disrupt the service
> provided to the community.
>
> Cheers,
>
> ==
> hk