[hackerspaces] Hackerspace business plan

Nick Farr (hackerspaces.org) nick at hackerspaces.org
Mon Jun 28 18:19:54 CEST 2010

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:07, Sean Bonner <sean at seanbonner.com> wrote:
> Don't confuse a budget with a business plan. Budgets are all numbers,
> business plans need to have things like "competitive analysis" and
> info about why you are the best people to open this company, and yes,
> are largely useless.

I generally agree that standard business plans are useless.

However, if the sponsors/members are asking for a "Business Plan", you
might want to give them a document that is "What a Hackerspace Is" +
Budget.  As was previously noted, it's good to have a narrative for
things, especially if you are going to file for 501(c)(x) status.

--
Nick Farr / http://nickfarr.org / 8B13F204
Washington, DC, 20013-1208