[hackerspaces] Hackerspaces and The Next HOPE

Mitch Altman maltman23 at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 16 22:23:57 CEST 2010

Greetings Hackerspace folk!

Back in the summer of 2008, we launched hackerspaces.org at "The Last
Hackers on Planet Earth" conference in New York.  Hundreds of hackers
in attendance joined thousands of hackers like you and started
building Hackerspaces everywhere!

Fortunately for us, The Last HOPE was not the final HOPE.  This year,
hackerspaces.org is going back to The Next HOPE, with a great lineup
of programs and activities around the theme “Hackerspaces Forever!”

The Hackerspace Village has expanded into the central location of the
Mezzanine exposition space.  Thanks to the move, we have our own
"backstage" lounge and storage area, Mitch Altman will have a huge
Hardware Hacking Area, and we've expanded the selection of parts, kids
and goodies in the HackersMart.  Of course, there's also going to be a
great panel of awesome speakers to share their insights and strategies
for moving from Hackerspaces Everywhere to "Hackerspaces Forever!".

While Hackerspaces are a featured attraction, there are many other
talks and events that make this THE conference to attend in the US.
The Next HOPE's schedule will be packed with presenters, movies,
performances and exclusive talks.  Keynote presenters Dan Kaminsky and
Wikileaks' Julian Assange headline a diverse schedule of
hacking,technology, politics, digital art and culture presentations.
If all that isn't enough for you, The Next HOPE takes place right in
the heart of New York City, where there's always something incredible
around the corner.

HOPE is one of the oldest US Hacker Conferences, and the only major
conference that doesn't accept corporate sponsorship.  HOPE relies on
YOUR support!  Register now for only $85.00 and help us keep HOPE
alive and kicking.

For more information on participating in The Next HOPE Hackerspace
village, please e-mail hackerspace at hope.net

We hope you'll be able to join us in New York from July 16-18 to take part!

Love,

The Next HOPE Hackerspace Team