[hackerspaces] Discussing/Alleviating the Decline (was: Children in hackerspaces.)

tetsu yatsu tetsuharu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 04:23:08 CET 2010

My plan at FAMiLab had a failure-plan: either 1) we start an awesome
hackerspace and become immediately notable and struggle/strive to help
people learn, establish identities, grow personally, etc hackerspace hacker
ethic stuff, OR 2) we start a cool hacker hangout, some people join and
decide they could do better, then start their own.

I don't mind if we fail, as long as people know that it can be done. It
should belong to the members, and if they would rather be part of a
formative process than joining a preexisting space, I don't mind :). I
encourage it.

Like I heard on the irc channel: "When there are less than 2 people per
space, we have too many spaces."