[hackerspaces] kids, insurances, parental control

asbesto asbesto at freaknet.org
Wed Jan 27 12:52:59 CET 2010

Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 02:30:35PM -0500, Stefan Arentz wrote:

> On 2010-01-26, at 2:28 PM, asbesto wrote:
>
> > AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>
> Yeah it sucks. But it is stuff you will have to deal with.

the general method sucks, not the matter itself. We love kids and we always
had kids around in our activities.

Do you care about security and insurances and so, when a friend come
visit your home with his sons or kids?

the answer is: naturally, NO!

So, for us, an "hackerspace" is our home. Many of the times IS really our
homes, because many hackerspaces here was born in squatted spaces: a lot of
insecurity, a lot of dangerous stuff around, and a lot of kids. Our homes.

:)