[hackerspaces] [Open Manufacturing] Fwd: DIY VLSI garage fabrication - more help requested - please

ben lipkowitz fenn at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Thu Jan 21 13:56:20 CET 2010

eightpennies wrote:
> Bryan, I'm trying to locate literature on extremely small fab plants
> (garage scale) for the fabrication of epitaxial silicon VLSI devices
> at abot 1 micron or lower mask resolution. Partly it's survivalist (I
> like to survive in style); partly it's for building ASICs for a very
> very very fast type of computer that garage engineers can handle
> design-build-fabricate work with.

what sort of computer are you talking about?

here's a nice photo gallery of a home etching setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeriellsworth/sets/72157607161498665/