[hackerspaces] Synchronous Hackathon #2

Alexandre Girard alx.girard at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 20:00:56 CET 2010

Hi all,

Hope you had a nice hackathon :)
How was it? Have you got any feedback on what happened during the weekend?

At Tetalab:

- plug and stream the CCTV hardware that someone donated to us, it
works great with excellent quality (in b&w), but had to use a camtwist
- http://allocinit.com/index.php?title=CamTwist - to stream the feed
on ustream as we havn't got access to the router of our space yet. It
allowed us to discuss about privacy in the lab, building a camera-free
zone for people wishing to stay off the grid during broadcasting.
- re-designed tetalab.org using the same theme as Alpha One Labs,
Arras Theme http://www.arrastheme.com/ , and added some methods to
fetch the videos from our vimeo group: http://vimeo.com/groups/tetalab

Next time:

- (Sound)
Blackhold: I've seen you at the Mad Hack making a live radio from the
event, would you like to do the same during a Hackathon?
Do you know someone music during the weekend?

- (Video)
Using a video wall - like http://hackathon.tetalab.org/ - it'll be
great to get 5 min of demo from each hackerspace and record it:
show what's the greatest stuff you've made recently, tell us about
your projects/ideas.
I think it'll make a great video during the weekend, and allow us to
connect a bit more by discovering who's doing what :)
I remembered it occurred during the first hackathon, what do you think
will be the next step to reproduce this experience?

Alex